Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Cheer: As Told by Athena

Hi guys!  Athena here.  My mom says she's been real bizz-ee lately and hasn't been maintaing my appearances like she should be, so I decided to give her a little break and write the blog today about our fun weekend that was filled with holiday cheer.

You're welcome for this bloggie favor, mom.  You owe me something real tasty tonight.
We got into the holiday spirit as we shopped around Portland with one of my most favorite people ever-- my grandma (P.S. today is her birthday.  Happy birthday, grandma)! We visited places like Sellwood Dog Supply where my grandma bought me a brand new fleece pullover (she called it a "only spoiled girls get early Christmas presents" gift) and my mom and I donated some bully sticks to the Born Again Pit Bull Rescue Bully Stick Drive.

My new hot pink fleece pullover by Gold Paw Series

Mom thinks I finally look like a girl!

We also went and sat next to a strange man with a loooonngggg white beard and a red suit while some people jingled bells and tried to get me to pose for their fancy cameras.  My mom says the guy's name was Santa Claus.  She wasn't sure how I would react to the silly looking Santa man because I can get a little bit nervous around strange looking new people (she even had the nerve to tell the camera people that if I seemed nervous of the Santa man that we would just leave without a picture).  But guess what guys?  I thought the Santa man was the best!  I snuggled right up next to him and looked straight into the fancy cameras for my photo shoot.

The Santa pictures reminded me a little bit of a photo shoot that I had not too long ago.  You may remember seeing my pouty picture from the shoot here.  Well, while we were shopping at Sellwood Dog Supply, my mom came across the December issue of Spot Magazine which I happen to be featured in!  Take a look here and see if you can spot my pouty face amongst the crowd.

Do you see me?!  Do you see me?!

There I am!

As if I could handle any more holiday cheer for one day, my mom couldn't help but pop into one more pet store to search for "Spoiled Athena's" Christmas gifts.  We went into Meat for Cats and Dogs where my mom got me a very special present.  She said that since I have SO many Christmas surprises coming, she would let me see this one thing that she got:

It's a handmade "I Love My Pit Bull" ceramic water/food bowl!
Thanks, mom!  If I got a fuzzy pink sweater and a shiny new water bowl on just an ordinary day, I can't wait to wake up on Christmas morning to see what else is in store!

Was your weekend filled with any holiday cheer like mine?

15 comments:

  1. What a super fantastic weekend, Athena! Ray and I had a busy weekend, too. He saw a Santa man, but didn't do a picture because I just didn't occur to me.

    Love the pink outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool about the magazine, and I you do look great in hot pink! I'm excited to see your Santa photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get to see our Santa photos soon. They will be arriving by e-mail and we will be sure to share them when they arrive!

      Delete
  3. I love the fleece!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. We think she is just the cutest when she wears it! I think she likes it too because it keeps her so warm!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like such a fun day shopping with your mama and grandma! I lurrrrrrve your new food bowl! I wish I had one like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new food bowl is my favorite gift I've gotten Athena so far!

      Delete
  6. How adorable! I loveeeee the pink fleece pullover! :) Athena is just stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hank got to go get a Christmas tree with us this weekend...he chewed the stump while we were talking to the gentleman helping us. He now wants to drink the water from the tree stand and loves chewing on the stump. Hoping to get to see Santa next weekend. I really haven't gotten Hank any really cool presents (we don't have any unique pet stores around here, Petsmart and TSC is about all we have.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look extra beautiful in that pink sweater, Athena! And I really like your new bowl too! I have a feeling you are going to get some really cool Christmas presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandmas are the best! I think pink is Athena's color:)

    ReplyDelete