Monday, January 7, 2013

Pitlandia in Portlandia: Unleashed Grand Opening

This weekend an Unleashed by Petco store opened up in our area, so we attended the grand opening celebrations and scored lots of free loot!  We don't have any other Unleashed stores in our area (I believe they are mostly in California) so I was pretty excited to check it out.

At the grand opening, the first fifty people in line got $10 gift cards (score!).  This meant that we got $20 worth of free money because B and I were both in line.  Along with scoring free money, everyone received a pound of bulk treats from the treat bar, a package of Wet Noses Organic Dog Treats, a can of Merrick Canned Food, and a fancy Unleashed shopping tote.

Freebies!

Athena wasn't left out of the freebie fun because she received a very nice sample of doggy yogurt in a bowl that she managed to scoot halfway across the store.  She of course also received pets and treats from every employee and went around to every costumer offering a sit (or a down if the sit didn't work) for treats.

Athena scooting her frozen yogurt bowl

Once we spent our gift cards (and used a $5 off $25 coupon) we got all of this for only $20:


With our gift cards we decided to stock on up some dog food and Zukes Hip Action Chews for Athena.

Maybe it was just the excitement from all of the freebies, but while at Unleashed I really liked what I saw.  Although the store carries pretty much the same products as a regular Petco, I did notice a few speciality items including some local products such as collars and leashes by Cycle Dog.  I was also very intrigued by a product line that I had never seen before called I and love and you.  The product line includes food, treats, chews, supplements, and grooming supplies all made in the USA.

Patiently waiting outside for the store to open!

Along with being a great store for shopping, Unleashed also offers do-it-yourself dog washing stations equipped with large tubs, dryers, and all of the supplies provided for only $10 per bath!  That's a bargain if you ask me!  At Unleashed you can also take training classes and host a pet party.  So, if you're in the area (or maybe you are lucky enough to have an Unleashed near you) check out Unleashed by Petco at Powell Square on 39th and Powell in SE Portland.

10 comments:

  1. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of one of these in Kansas or Missouri. Glad to hear you liked the experience!
    Fun fact: My cousin happens to work at PetCo's San Diego headquarters, so her dog pops up in their Instagram stream all the time. JEALOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Unleashed stores even though I shop at Petco fairly often. I hope one comes to this area but with us being out in the middle of nowhere, I assume we'll have one in ...oh, the next 20 years or so.

    I'm totally jealous of all that great loot you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that I'm Googling this right now! How exciting! Clearly Athena should be the spokes-dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! We have an Unleashed near us and you're right, they carry pretty much all the same products, but everything looks and seems better because the store itself is fancier...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the Unleashed stores before, we need one of those right here in Wichita, KS. You know I'd shop there! I hope Athena enjoys all the treats and food you were able to get... especially those Wet Noses Treats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a Petco opening near us, but unfortunately, it's a regular one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this! I must check it out asap. Although it does make me a little sad because I'm guessing they'll be taking away business from local boutiques and self service dog wash stations...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at all that great stuff!

    We have an Unleashed near us and I really love it! Mom does too, especially because Petco does a lot of work to help animals in shelters and at rescues. The people who work there are always really excited to see me and they give me lots of treats. Plus they have some extra good stuff there -- more than at most of the regular pet stores :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of Unleashed! Looks like you guys got a ton of great stuff and Athena had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BAH! You know my love for doggy stores!
    We are back on Natural Balance again since they created the Duck and Legume formula.
    I'm so behind on your blog! Catch up time!

    ReplyDelete