So, B and I have put together a list of goals for Athena for the year 2013:
- Canine Good Citizen- We plan to have Athena CGC tested around her second birthday in July 2013
- Obedience- Along with earning her CGC, Athena has some training commands that still need some improvement including drop it, take it, hold, and settle
- Reactivity- Athena has some reactivity issues around strange noises, new people (sometimes), skateboards, people wearing funny hats, etc. We plan to train Athena to be less sensitive in these situations
- Jogging- It is our goal that Athena will learn to jog/run with us as a way for us to keep with our exercise goals for the year. Currently Athena thinks that it's time to sprint whenever we attempt to jog...
- New Tricks- We would love for Athena to learn some new tricks this year including putting away her toys, roll over, and being a beer maid (B insisted that I include this one because he would like for Athena to deliver him beers...yeeeaaahhhh right)
|Athena will also be practicing her good walking skills in 2013|
- Intro to Flyball Class- We have decided that we will take a break from obedience classes and jump into the world of dog sports. Although we don't plan to compete with Athena in flyball, we think that taking a class will be a great confidence builder for her and will help her to practice staying calm in the presence of other dogs
- Rally & Agility- I would love for Athena to also give rally and agility a go sometime during 2013!
|She looks like a flyball champ, right?!|
If Athena were to set her own goals for 2013 I'm sure they would look something like this:
Thean the Bean's Goals:
- Food- Successfully snatch a scrap from my mom & dad's plate while they aren't looking
- Treats- Attempt lots of tricks and commands throughout the day without being asked in hopes of getting a treat...or two, or three, or ten...
- Bacon- Always remember that bacon is cooked in the kitchen. Therefore, if anyone is EVER in the kitchen, make sure to stand directly below them in hopes of getting a scrap of bacon
- More Food- Participate in the parent's flyball, rally, and agility classes because they always mean one thing...TONS OF FOOD!
- Canine Good Citizen- Ok, this would be really cool if I was called a good citizen, but did you know that they don't allow FOOD during the CGC test?! Good luck parents...
|Is that food you have there, dad?!|
I'm sure that many more goals will arise during 2013, but these are the ones that we see fit for right now. What goals have you set for your dog for 2013?