************************THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED************************
B and I are the kind of dog owners who think that our dog is our child and therefore should go out and about with us to as many places as possible. This means that in a typical week, Athena will go on one or two "special" outings whether it be to the local pet store, to the coffee shop, or even out to lunch with us.
Recently the very talented designers at Peach Industries contacted us and asked if we'd like to try out their new Park It Mat and Travel Bag. Of course we responded with a "YES!" because we absolutely love taking Athena around town with us and we knew that the Park It Mat and bag would make our outings even more enjoyable!
Park It Mat & Travel Bag
When we received our goodies in the mail, we noticed right away that they are very high quality items made with only the best materials. Both the mat and the bag are made using 100% cotton fabric and all materials are sourced in the USA. The Park It Mat measures 21.75" by 34.25" which is a perfect size for a range of different sized dogs. Athena fits perfectly on her mat and has lots of wiggle room to reposition herself. Not only is the mat machine washable, the bottom is water resistant! That's such an awesome feature for us because the weather can often be unpredictable here in the Pacific Northwest.
As if the Park It Mat isn't cool enough, we also had the pleasure of testing out the Travel Bag which is specifically designed to hold the Park It Mat and all of your dog's necessities. The mat folds up neatly and fits in the back straps of the Travel Bag for easy access wherever you and your pup may be. There is quite a bit of room inside the travel bag and was even a perfect fit for my laptop AND all of Athena's things.
Out and About with the Park It Mat
Over the past couple of weeks we've put the Park It Mat and Travel Bag to good use by bringing it along with us on our most recent beach trip and all around Portland. Since using the mat, I've noticed such a difference in how Athena acts on our outings. When we used to ask Athena to lay down on the ground outside at a restaurant or at a coffee shop, she would get uncomfortable quickly (really though, who likes laying on hard concrete?) making us cut our outings short.
Now that we have the Park It Mat, Athena will lay at our feet for however long we ask. She LOVES having her own place to lay and observe her surroundings. No longer is she wiggling around to get comfortable, but she's now able to actually relax and enjoy our outings.
The Park It Mat is perfect to bring along to canine-friendly restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops. Lately we've been spending a lot more time outside of our local Starbucks and on restaurant patios while Athena lays at our feet and enjoys the outing.
Picnics at the Park
We've also brought the Park It Mat along with us to the park where Athena is learning that the park isn't just for playing with her ball, but can be for relaxing with a snack too!
Group Training Classes
The Park It Mat has also come in handy during our Canine Good Citizen class and at flyball practice to teach Athena that her mat is her place to settle.
Park It Mat & Travel Bag Giveaway
The possibilites are endless with the Park It Mat and Travel Bag as to where you and your pooch can go for an outing! The kind people at Peach Industries want to give one lucky Pitlandia reader a Park It Mat and Travel Bag of their very own (in your choice of design!). If that isn't cool enough, they are also providing a runner-up winner with one of their Leash Keepers for conveniently carrying a pet-safe deterrent spray while out on walks.
Here's how to enter the Peach Industries' giveaway:
- PRIZE FOR WINNER: One Park It Mat and Travel Bag in the design of your choice (see the design options here)
- PRIZE FOR RUNNER-UP WINNER: One pet-safe deterrent spray Leash Keeper (see them here)
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: The Park It Mat, Travel Bag, and Leash Keeper are all made by Peach Industries in the USA!
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and tell us which Park It Mat & Travel Bag you'd like to win. Example: Athena would love to win a Vintage Park It Mat & Travel Bag! You can earn BONUS entries if you do the following and let us know what you did in your comment:
- Like Pitlandia on Facebook (if you already like us, just tell us!)
- Like Peach Industries on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on Facebook
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Saturday, June 15th 2013 at 9pm (Pacific Time)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One 1st prize winner (Park It Mat & Travel Bag) and one 2nd prize winner (Leash Keeper).
- PRIZE VALID FOR: Citizens of the U.S.
- GIVEAWAY INFO: One entry per e-mail address is permitted (make sure to provide me with an e-mail address if you don't set up a Blogger or Google+ account). If you submit your comment using your Blogger or Google+ account, make sure that your e-mail is visible on your profile. If you're not sure, just leave your e-mail address in your comment, please! The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Saturday, June 15th, 2013 as an update to this post (after 9pm PST). I will also email the winner on the 15th for information on how to redeem their prize.
- NOTE: Peach Industries provided us with the Park It Mat and Travel Bag, but the views of their products are our very own!
Congratulations to Brittney for winning a Park It Mat & Travel Bag
and congratulations to Abby from Doggerel for winning a Leash Keeper!