************************THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED************************
Having a pooch with allergies means that I spend most of my time in the pet store reading and examining dog food and treat labels. I'm especially always on the hunt for treats that have limited ingredients, are grain/wheat/corn/soy free, made in the USA, and have ingredients that I can actually pronounce. So, when Scout & Zoe's founder Cindy Dunston Quirk contacted me and asked if Athena would like to try some USA made chicken jerky and sweet potato treats that are especially made for dogs with allergies, I knew that we had to give them a try!
|Scout & Zoe's chicken jerky and sweet potato treats|
Scout & Zoe's Chicken Jerky:
I know, I know, just hearing "chicken jerky" is scary with all of the recent deaths linked to chicken jerky manufactured in China. But, Scout & Zoe's is doing chicken jerky the right way for our beloved four-legged kids. There's nothing to fear with these amazing chicken jerky treats! Not only are they made in the USA, but they are also made from USDA grade A boneless, skinless chicken breast that also happens to be human grade.
Finally we've found some chicken jerky that is 100% safe for Athena and that she thinks is ever so tasty. And get this, the ONLY ingredient in Scout & Zoe's chicken jerky is CHICKEN BREAST! There are absolutely zero preservatives in these healthy treats which makes me love them even more.
|Scout & Zoe's chicken jerky taste testing|
Athena thought the chicken jerky was absolutely amazing! She's actually never had any type of jerky before, so this was a very special treat for her. I love how large the pieces of chicken jerky are and there are quite a few stuffed into the two ounce bag. The jerky is also very easy to break into smaller pieces to use for training treats because we all know how hard we make Athena work for her food ;)
The humans and the pooch in this household give Scout and Zoe's chicken jerky two thumbs and four paws up!
Scout & Zoe's Sweet Potato Treats:
Ohhhh, how Athena loves sweet potatoes! This girl went gaga over Scout & Zoe's sweet potato treats and even did some extra special tricks to get her
Like Scout & Zoe's chicken jerky, their sweet potato treats are also manufactured in the USA and are made from USA grown fancy sweet potatoes. The only ingredient you'll find on this bag of treats is SWEET POTATOES! Once again, these treats from Scout & Zoe's have no preservatives whatsoever and are the epitome of canine treat perfection.
I love the size of the big round pieces of dehydrated sweet potato treats that come in the two ounce bag. They are the perfect snack to give Athena for what we call her "bonus treats" that she gets for doing extra special things like "go to your crate," and "trade." These sweet potato treats are also perfect for breaking into smaller pieces to use for our daily training sessions. We've found that Athena enjoys a piece of sweet potato just as much as she does a piece of cheese (but sweet potatoes are healthier...woo hoo!).
Scout & Zoe's Antler Chews:
Not only does Scout & Zoe's sell delicious doggie treats online and in retail stores across the US, they also have quite a variety of natural antler chews to choose from. Antlers are wonderful for dogs who crave something to chew on throughout the day and are also filled with healthy minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. The antlers over at Scout & Zoe's are naturally shed elk antlers from the USA.
Scout & Zoe's so kindly agreed to give away the large elk antler that you see above to one lucky Pitlandia reader!
Here's how to enter the Scout & Zoe's Antler Chew giveaway:
- PRIZE FOR YOU: One large Scout & Zoe's naturally shed elk antler made in the USA.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: The large sized antler is intended for dog's 30-50 pounds.
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and tell us what your dog's favorite thing to chew on is (maybe it's an extra tough toy, a 12" bully stick, or even an antler). Example: Athena loves to chew on Scout & Zoe's elk antlers! You can earn BONUS entries if you do the following and let us know what you did in your comment:
- Like Pitlandia on Facebook (if you already like us, just tell us!)
- Like Scout & Zoe's on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on Facebook
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Friday, June 7th 2013 at 9pm (Pacific Time)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE VALID FOR: Citizens of the U.S.
- GIVEAWAY INFO: One entry per e-mail address is permitted (make sure to provide me with an e-mail address if you don't set up a Blogger or Google+ account). If you submit your comment using your Blogger or Google+ account, make sure that your e-mail is visible on your profile. If you're not sure, just leave your e-mail address in your comment, please! The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Friday, June 7th, 2013 as an update to this post (after 9pm PST). I will also email the winner on the 7th for information on how to redeem their prize.
- NOTE: Scout & Zoe's provided us with all of the tasty treats that you see above, but the views of their products are our own.
Congratulations to Christina for winning the Scout & Zoe's elk antler!