************************THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED************************
After posting the tutorial for dog collar fabric flowers a couple of weeks ago, I received a great suggestion from the RespectaBulls group leader that I make a few flowers to donate to a local rescue to use for photo shoots and adoption events.
|Flower bows to be donated to this month's featured shelter|
Of course I thought this was an excellent idea, especially since I know just how important it is for dogs to stand out in their adoption photos. If only Athena would have been photographed wearing a fashionable flower bow, maybe she wouldn't have been described as looking "mean" in her photo and would have been better considered by possible adopters.
Starting today we are launching a monthly giveaway series called Bow of the Month. Here's what will happen each month:
- We will feature a stylin' Bow of the Month on the first Monday of every month (that means the next giveaway is on Monday, February 4th!) that our readers will have a chance to win
- We will also feature a shelter or rescue that is doing great work to find forever homes for their adoptable dogs
- A set of collar bows (one flower and one bow tie) will be donated to this rescue as a way to help make a couple of shelter pups stand out to potential adopters
|Bow ties to be donated to this month's featured shelter|
January's Featured Rescue: Born Again Pit Bull Rescue
We would like to introduce you to a fabulous rescue in the Portland area called Born Again Pit Bull Rescue (BAPBR). BAPBR works with animal welfare organizations in Oregon, Washington, and California to transfer dogs out of the kennel environment and into their "Pit Stop" foster program. They are the only non-profit organization in the Portland-Metro area that is dedicated to pit bull type dogs. Seeing as BAPBR is solely based on fostering, they rely heavily on showing off their dogs through photos and at adoption events. This is why we would like to donate 8 flowers and 8 bow ties (yes, that's 16 bows!) to ensure that their pups shine!
January Bow of the Month Giveaway:
Now it's your turn to win your very own flower or bow tie for your pooch and the rescue of your choice! Below are the 16 flowers and bow ties that we are shipping off to Born Again Pit Bull Rescue this month.
|Bandana Paws, Ole Ole, Brown Eyed Susan, Nightingale|
|Day of the Dead, Diva Princess, I Heart U, Pink Sugar Skulls|
|Green Sugar Skulls, Rainbow Paws, Prepster, Mr. Bandana Paws|
|Hoot Hoot, Dapper Dog, Mr. Sunshine, Seusstastic|
Here's how to enter the January giveaway:
- PRIZE FOR YOU: One collar flower bow OR collar bow tie of your choice
- PRIZE FOR YOUR SHELTER/RESCUE: One collar flower bow OR collar bow tie of your choice
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Each flower and bow tie easily attaches to a dog's collar with double-sided velcro and is made with 100% cotton fabrics
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “Send me and _______ a _______ collar bow!" Fill in the first blank with the name of the shelter or rescue that you would like a bow donated to. Next, fill in the second blank with the name of the flower or bow tie that you like best for you and your shelter/rescue to receive. Example: Send me and Born Again Pit Bull Rescue a Pink Sugar Skulls collar bow!
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Thursday, January 17th 2013 at 9pm (Pacific Time)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE VALID FOR: Citizens of the U.S.
- GIVEAWAY INFO: One entry per e-mail address is permitted (make sure to provide me with an e-mail address if you don't set up a Blogger or Google+ account). The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Friday, January 18th, 2013 as an update to this post. I will also email the winner on the 18th for information on how to redeem their prize.
Congratulations to April for winning a Seusstastic Bow Tie for your dog and the adoptable dogs at Indigo Rescue!
Can't wait to win a Bow of the Month? Make your own with our Dog Collar Flower Tutorial
Do you know of a great rescue that you think should be featured in a future Bow of the Month post? E-mail me at PitlandiaPooch@gmail.com!